OK, I'm asking a few more questions than I'm answering lately.

Question about IPX RIP (not IP RIP - although they may work the same way in
this instance).

Say I have the following setup...

RT1---RT2---RT3---RT4

The RT2 to RT3 link is ethernet, the others are serial, although I'm not
sure that that makes a difference.  The IPX RIP update time is set to five
minutes on the RT1 to RT2 link, and defaults (to 60 seconds) on the other
two links - again, I'm not sure that this makes a difference.  There are no
relevant filters in this scenario.

If the IPX routes are cleared on RT1 (clear ipx route *), how far will
triggered RIP updates/changes be propagated?  Will any extra traffic (above
normal RIP updates) be created from RT3 to RT4?

Thanks,
JMcL