In regards to Q number one. I think it would be much better not to
specify passive interface under OSPF as long as your network statement
does not include the IP of the interface in question. The reason for that,
at least
in my head, is that if I were a proctor I might think you don't understand
how
OSPF works.
For question 2, passive should be a norm on interfaces you don't want to
form
neighboorship or sending routing updates. Make sure you understand that
passive
works differenty for RIP than for EIGRP.