discontiguous networks are the same as discontiguous space on a hard
drive....

Think of it as used space that does not coincide with the data beside it...

so, with that in mind, 12345678910 is contiguous..... 1649103257 is not....

10.10.1
10.10.2
10.10.3
10.10.4    these are contiguous

10.10.1
192.168.1
10.40.48
10.90   these are not....

and a multiplexer is a device that creates one channel for data to flow
through from a group of smaller channels...These are commonly used to mux
t's together to create say a 3 meg pipe to the internet or a 6meg pipe, etc...

Imagine satcom newsfeeds coming into a station at 9600baud.  You could have
8 channels running at 1200baud muxed into one circuit, sent through the
airways, then demuxed out to 8 channels.

hth,

-Patrick

>>> "Hunt Lee"  11/01/01 11:55AM >>>
Can anyone please give me a hand on this?

For EIGRP, I read on the BSCN book (by Cisco Press) that the command "no
auto-summary" is used for turning off the automatic summarization of EIGRP
at classful boundaries.  But it also states that this command is useful for
discontiguous networks - what is discontiguous network?

Another question I have is:  I know what is a router, a switch or a hub.
However, what is a multiplexer?

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Hunt