Discontiguous, when you seperate a network with another network

172.16.1/24----------192.168.1/30-----------172.16.2/24

 Muxing, combining multiple channels into a single channel.

  IMHO Cisco has auto summary wrong.  It should be off by default for I
have only seen it do it to ya not for ya.  Without proper planning no
auto summary is your friend.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"