is this the result of a tftpdnld ??

This happened to me a long while back and I had to set a variable to tell it
to ignore the checksum.  I was using a 2600 though.

Here is the skinny from CCO:

You can view the ROMMON environment variables by using the set command, as
shown below:

    rommon 3 > set
    PS1=rommon ! >
    IP_ADDRESS=172.18.16.76
    IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.192
    DEFAULT_GATEWAY=172.18.16.65
    TFTP_SERVER=172.18.16.2
    TFTP_FILE=quake/rel22_Jan_16/c2600-i-mz

The variables to set for tftpdnld are shown below:

     usage: tftpdnld
       Use this command for disaster recovery only to recover an image via
TFTP.
       "tftpdnld" has no arguments.  Monitor variables are used for
arguments.
       (Syntax: "VARIABLE_NAME=value" and use "set" to show current
variables.)
       "ctrl-c" or "break" stops the transfer before flash erase begins.

       The following variables are REQUIRED to be set for tftpdnld:
                 IP_ADDRESS: The IP address for this unit
             IP_SUBNET_MASK: The subnet mask for this unit
            DEFAULT_GATEWAY: The default gateway for this unit
                TFTP_SERVER: The IP address of the server to fetch from
                  TFTP_FILE: The filename to fetch

       The following variables are OPTIONAL:
               TFTP_VERBOSE: Print setting. 0=quiet, 1=progress(default),
2=verbose
           TFTP_RETRY_COUNT: Retry count for ARP and TFTP (default=7)
               TFTP_TIMEOUT: Overall timeout of operation in seconds
(default=2400)
              TFTP_CHECKSUM: Perform checksum test on image, 0=no, 1=yes
(default=1)
     rommon 14 >

check out TFTP_CHECKSUM and set it to 0
remember, all the variables must be entered in upper case.

Once I set that, the image went in fine.

Kevin Wigle