Thanks Kevin, that was exactly the information I had been thinking of (now
saved), but unfortunately, I've just been trying it on 2500 and the 2500 is
different (I've pasted the options in below)
I've tried using "B 122.bin 192.168.80.254" and this gives buffer overflow.
"L 122.bin 192.168.80.254" gives an error.

End of play for tonight - 3 o'clock in the morning and router may go out the
window if I try for much longer.
Try again tomorrow (perhaps I'll try the old image again - that only took
about 5 attempts last time).

Thanks for suggestions.

Gaz

Options in Rommon below:

$                   Toggle cache state
B [filename]   [TFTP Server IP address | TFTP Server Name]
                     Load and execute system image from ROM or from TFTP
server
C [address]   Continue execution [optional address]
D /S M L V   Deposit value V of size S into location L with modifier M
E /S M L       Examine location L with size S with modifier M
G [address]   Begin execution
H                  Help for commands
I                    Initialize
K                  Stack trace
L [filename] [TFTP Server IP address | TFTP Server Name]
                     Load system image from ROM or from TFTP server, but do
not
                     begin execution
O                  Show configuration register option settings
P                   Set the break point
S                   Single step next instruction
T function      Test device (? for help)

""Kevin Wigle""  wrote in message
> is this the result of a tftpdnld ??
>
> This happened to me a long while back and I had to set a variable to tell
it
> to ignore the checksum.  I was using a 2600 though.
>
> Here is the skinny from CCO:
>
> You can view the ROMMON environment variables by using the set command, as
> shown below:
>
>     rommon 3 > set
>     PS1=rommon ! >
>     IP_ADDRESS=172.18.16.76
>     IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.192
>     DEFAULT_GATEWAY=172.18.16.65
>     TFTP_SERVER=172.18.16.2
>     TFTP_FILE=quake/rel22_Jan_16/c2600-i-mz
>
> The variables to set for tftpdnld are shown below:
>
>      usage: tftpdnld
>        Use this command for disaster recovery only to recover an image via
> TFTP.
>        "tftpdnld" has no arguments.  Monitor variables are used for
> arguments.
>        (Syntax: "VARIABLE_NAME=value" and use "set" to show current
> variables.)
>        "ctrl-c" or "break" stops the transfer before flash erase begins.
>
>        The following variables are REQUIRED to be set for tftpdnld:
>                  IP_ADDRESS: The IP address for this unit
>              IP_SUBNET_MASK: The subnet mask for this unit
>             DEFAULT_GATEWAY: The default gateway for this unit
>                 TFTP_SERVER: The IP address of the server to fetch from
>                   TFTP_FILE: The filename to fetch
>
>        The following variables are OPTIONAL:
>                TFTP_VERBOSE: Print setting. 0=quiet, 1=progress(default),
> 2=verbose
>            TFTP_RETRY_COUNT: Retry count for ARP and TFTP (default=7)
>                TFTP_TIMEOUT: Overall timeout of operation in seconds
> (default=2400)
>               TFTP_CHECKSUM: Perform checksum test on image, 0=no, 1=yes
> (default=1)
>      rommon 14 >

> check out TFTP_CHECKSUM and set it to 0
> remember, all the variables must be entered in upper case.
>
> Once I set that, the image went in fine.
>
> Kevin Wigle