I personally found Todd's CCNA book one of the better technical books I've
read, so also bought routing based on that. I have found it to be one of the
worst books I've read. His discussion on OSPF was completely confusing until
I read Doyle's book which was given to me and which you don't need for the
routing test, just get Cisco press CCNP books. Since I bought this book of
Todd's, I didn't want to spend more money on the Cisco CCNP routing book, so
I used Doyle's and an older Cisco 403 routing book to clear the confusion
that Todd's routing book had and used Todd's book mainly as a study road
map. I have a friend who also quit Todd's book halfway through, sold the
whole sybex series and bought the Cisco series. I think Sybex books are good
in general, but the Cisco CCNP series can't be beat. I tried to buy them off
my friend I mentioned, but he wants to keep them as future reference, as I
will never open the Todd routing book again.