I have used Config Maker for over a year now - not in production as such,
but often as a way to validate and quick config a design.

there are severe limitations to what Config Maker can do. EIGRP and RIPv2.
No OSPF or IGRP.

IPX RIP - no IPX EIGRP.

Limited interface support.

for the VPN solutions, the variable naming is bizarre to say the least.

Limited router support. I believe up to 36xx and not all modules are
supported. Frame relay but not ATM, for example.

I don't think bridging or IRB is supported. Haven't really looked.

for low end stuff, the kinds of designs that Joe's PC and networking shop
do, Config Maker is probably fine. Don't think it can offer anything even
vaguely resembling enterprise support because it can't.

Also, depending upon your customer's level of understanding, Config Maker
may or may not clarify things. I can enter in networks and subnet masks off
the top of my head. Someone with no design experience won't find much help
here.

It remains something of a Top down tool. There is a lot of information you
should have at your fingertips to use it effectively. Like I said, folks who
design and install a lot of simple small number of router over frame relay
networks will find it useful. VPN configs might be difficult to troubleshoot
in part because of the bizarre naming convention.

HTH

Chuck