If you want to truly guarantee bandwidth, use 'priority 2048' instead of
'bandwidth 2048'.  This creates a true priority queue for that class of
traffic.  The bandwidth command does its best to provide a certain
amount of bandwidth but it is not a true priority queue.

For more information, look up LLQ (Low Latency Queueing) on CCO.  It
will do a better job at describing the differences than I can.

Regards,
John

>>> "Hamid"  11/14/01 1:37:38 AM >>>
Hi

Studying CBWFQ, I was wondering if it guarantees bandwidth or just
limits
the bandwidth:

--------------------------------
class-map my-map
  match access-group 151

policy-map my-policy
  class my-map
   bandwidth 2048

int fast0/0
    service-policy input my-policy

In this case is the 213.213.213.0 bandwidth limited to 2 Mbps ?

Thanks is advance

Hamid