At 12:15 PM 11/14/01, John Green wrote:
>and what would this mean ??
>where exactly is the equipment replicated ? is it one
>at customer
>access point and the other at the carrier provider's
>end? is this what
>is duplication ....and what is the context for
>"Multiple networks" ?

You'll have to tell us the context. Where did you get the wording below and
what is it in reference too? It sounds like a bunch of "hand waving" that
might make more sense with some context, but might not. Very few companies
would implement multiple, parallel networks to meet availability goals, but
some might.

The sentence at the end doesn't fit. Did it come from somewhere else? Or
maybe it fits if you read this as advertising material from a service
provider. Are they trying to justify why a customer should use them for
redundancy or something? It's impossible to tell.

And I have a question for you. What does 42 mean? Thanks.

Priscilla

>"Multiple networks, however, are extremely expensive
>to build and
>maintain. Capital expenditure is high because
>equipment is replicated,
>and operation and maintenance costs are high because
>of the
>duplication of personnel and practices for each
>separate network. At
>the same time, competitive pressures in the
>communication industry are
>forcing providers to shift their business models from
>simply providing
>bandwidth to delivering revenue-generating,
>value-added services"

>Find the one for you at Yahoo! Personals
>http://personals.yahoo.com

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com