From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Ken Diliberto
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 3:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Mac Address filtering on a 3512XL [7:26398]

Yes, I do have a goal in mind.  I just purchased some wireless equipment and
would like to restrict the MAC addresses allowed in.  40 bit encryption is
not good enough for the paranoid like me.  It seems the network name is
advertised.  To me, that security really sucks.

Besides, it's another challenge.  Next, maybe a VPN tunnel.  :-)

Ken

>>> "Howard C. Berkowitz"  11/15/01 02:24PM >>>
>I am wanting to configure a mac-address filter on my switch but need some
>help.  Has anyone done this?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Ken

Well, yes. But to coin a phrase, and to put it into a better context,
what problem are you trying to solve?  I find people learn better
when they have a goal in mind, then look at configuration
alternatives and how they relate to the problem.

Howard