Got a call just last week for a 2503.

I actually installed this router some 6 years ago.  Since then it has been
re-located a few times.

When I got to the router the support people there said that it had been
moved about in the rack recently.  Currently it was near the bottom of the
rack.  I was also told that it had been "flakey" for the last month or so.

Plugged in the laptop no response.  Since the circuit was down - cold booted
the router and got the same type of message you reported.

Took the router out of the rack - I was going to open it and check the
memory.  I was going to pop them and plug them back in no matter if they
were in study or not.

Well, when I got the router open I was met which such an accumulation of
dust, dirt and lint - the server room guy said "no way you cleaning that in
here!" and he took it outside in the hall and blew it out with some air.

When he brought it back I still reseated the memory and then turned it on
while still on the bench.  Seemed to work fine.  Put it back in the rack,
plugged in the ISDN and away she went.  Hasn't been down since - no
"flakiness" reported so far.

Kevin Wigle