From: Michael Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 9:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: ACL's on a VLAN [7:26858]

I don't know as this is the first I've heard of the 2948G-L3 switches.
However, I did read this:

"The Catalyst 2948G-L3 has the ability to prevent security breaches via the
use of both IP and IPX access lists. This is useful in preventing users from
accessing certain applications or services. The Catalyst 2948G-L3 supports
both inbound and outbound access lists on its two Gigabit Ethernet
interfaces. These access lists can be defined similar to any Cisco IOS
router as standard IPX access lists as well as standard and extended
IP-based access lists."

from the following URL (watch for wrap):

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca2900/prodlit/29gl3_ds.htm

This tells me that it supports Standard IP/IPX ACL and Extended IP ACL but
only on it's two Gig interfaces.  Now, if you have multiple VLANs, and use
the Gig links as trunks, I don't know if using ACLs is still an option,

HTH,
Mike W.