From: VoIP Guy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 4:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Tcp window size question [7:26861]

You are correct in that the tcp window size sets the freq. of acks.  The
receiver decides the window size based on a "credit system" based on how
well it received your packets in the past.  Unfortunately, it's an unfair
system since you have no control of how the packets do across the network,
especially in the harsh world of WRED, Frame Relay switch DE's, and other
outside influences.

As for why you are getting on ack every two packets without it ever
increasing is beyond me.  It should go 2, 4, 8, 16, etc..