Actually you don't waste any time and actually in the long run you will
definitely save time.
You can write them once on a note pad and then paste them into each router.
The one that kills me is going into router config, there is not a
shortcut/tab for router so a
alias config ro router ospf, copied into each box is gold.
ro 5 gets you there, ospf process 5 and I think you are going to have to
enter an ospf routing process numerous times
rr router rip
ri router igrp
re router eigrp
rb router bgp
dpp debug ip packet
dpr debug ip route
dpc debug ip icmp
sir sh ip route - my fav
cir clear ip route *
the list goes on.
ok another one for us in the fat finger club, you know how many times I have
typed
sh fran map and got churped at by the IOS. Now one
alias exec sfm sh fram m  pasted into every router gets it done
sfp - show fram pvc
there is a comprehensive list of alias' is the archives if you are into it I
would check it out for ideas.
On the subject of notepad, another technique that I have found really useful
for learning the IOS. By reading an objective and instead of satisfy the
objective using the console and the tab and ? keys. I like to write the
config in notepad and then paste it in. Give it a try, example would be
bring up a atm connection between RouterA and RouterB
bring up an ISDN connection between RouterB and RouterC
add a loopback on each router
ip all interfaces
turn of cdp
enable an OSPF process on each router
Simple things like this take on a new meaning when it is just you and the
notepad.
The fun really starts when you get errors and have to think them through.
Then fix them in notepad and rerun the config. When you get it done error
free it is a good feeling.
Don
ps I would like to do the lab in notepad and three key aliases exclusivley,
but I think I set my sights too high on that one.