As mentioned in an earier reply..you must have your DHCP Scopes correctly
set up

I've found that with NT4/W2k DHCP servers
that, If for example your DHCP server is set up to dish out addresses in the
range of 192.168.1.1 to 100 mask 255.255.255.0 and it receives a request for
an address directed from the helper routers interface which has an address
of 10.1.1.1 (which means your DHCP clients will be on the same network) it
will ignore that request.
The only reason for this I can fathom is because the DHCP request is no
longer a broadcast it now has the source address of the router interface
that the helper address is setup on and it seems DHCP will take this into
account when dishing out addresses.

I've found that if a scope in the 10.1.1.0 range is setup on the server my
DHCP clients will recieve an IP address in the correct 10. range with no
problem.

I have two scopes on my DHCP server
172.16.60.1 - 172.16.61.254 Subnet 255.255.254.0 and 10.222.36.1
-10.222.37.254 Subnet 255.255.254.0

my router interface configured to forward DHCP reqests is set up as follows
..
ip address 10.222.36.2 255.255.254.0
ip helper-address 155.131.60.40 (MY DHCP SERVER address )
my DHCP clients never get an address from the wrong range if i disable the
10.222.36.0 range
my dhcp clients behind the router don't get an address at all ...

Hope this make sense and helps and if i'm talking pants please someone put
me straight

Regards Dave