Yes you can do that no problemo.  Even if the current 6506 is in
production you can pull the inactive sup and "shouldn't" drop a packet
assuming your don't have HSRP running with active interfaces on the
second MSFC.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"