Here is a real good explanation, basically there are 6 gig
connections, two are the physical ones you see and 4 others that connect
the 32 10/100 ports to the layer 3 engine.

 There are three options for configuring the 4 gig channels, Cisco
recommends trunking, I couldn't get it to work correctly, I and others I
have run into recommend channeling.

  Dave

Simon Watson wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> Talking about Cat 4006 & L3 Blades.
>
> I've got 2 4006 with L3 blades, and I'm still trying to work out the
> relationship between the Physical interfaces (gigabit interface 1 & 2), and
> the logical interfaces (gigabit interface 3 & 4).
>
> I know that the logical interfaces connects to the backplane of the switch.
>
> It seems that the Physical interfaces have no relationship with the rest of
> the box, and I've set all the configurations on the logical interfaces
which
> seem to work(like a msfc on the 6500's).But I will need to use the physical
> interfaces soon.
>
> Can anyoune help
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon.
> >From: "Michael J. Doherty"
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: 4006 [7:27472]
> >Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:55:18 -0500
> >
> >and a Layer 3 license

David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer
CCIE# 2016
Qwest Communications Int. Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
612-664-3367

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"