Yes, but why are all zeros and all ones in the host field disallowed?
Because they seem to be broadcasts or refer to the entire subnet.

On a point-to-point WAN, so what if you send to broadcast? There's only one
station on the other end anyway!

So IF devices support /31, you can use it. The only advantage would be it
wastes fewer addresses, though.

Priscilla

  At 04:03 AM 11/30/01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Sincerely  do not know, when you find out let me know. To me using /31 is
>against all subnet rules, /31 gives you a subnet mask of 255.255.255.254,
>with two host addresses each, but these addresses are not usable.
>
>The most I have used and seen people use is /30 (255.255.255.252), for WAN
>interface IP address allocations.
>
>Regards.
>Oletu

Priscilla Oppenheimer