I have a question regarding DES key:

>From the MCNS (Cisco Press) book, it states that the DES key is generated by
Diffle-Hellman.  From what I understand, Diffle-Hellman only exchanges the
IPSec peers public key during the shared secret key generation process, and
each peer combines the other peer's public key (with their respective
private key) to create the shared secret key.  However, the generated shared
secret key is never transmitted over the network (the insecure channel -
i.e. Internet).

However, I also read from the CCO site that RSA actually sent the DES key
across the network?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Hunt Lee