For the cost of buying a new low-end PC you can get a 501.  So, unless you
need multiple interfaces its not really worth it.  Plus, the 501 can run 6.x
code and you can't with a 2MB flash card.  Unless you've got a spare PC with
the required parts lying around your best bet is to probably spend $500
bucks on a 501. If you do plan on building your own, there's not much more
to it than building a skeleton PC.  That's why there isn't much more info
about how to do it.  If you know about basic PC hardware then you can figure
it out.

John Kaberna
CCIE #7146
www.netcginc.com