I found that in the CCNP track, dumps were not necessary to pass. It was
kind of like a college course with concepts and lots of basic theory
application. You just had to commit to studying the material either way
or you risk failing due to % of possible questions. The materials are
easily learnable and not so in depth, just the beginning brushings of
the deep concepts. In my everyday duties, I find that the things I
"REALLY" run into are what counts. Like multi vendor equipment working
together...etc, real challenges, not "What is the North American ISDN
standard?" type BS and even the CCIE is a 1 product certification. In
essence, its the real world experience that is making the $$$. Anyone
who braindumps though will have a case of "dirt-and-pebble" mouth from
falling on their face anyway. I do have an appreciation for people who
really learn the material, because I have seen them be effective in
situations due to the fact that they were up to date on the current
technologies and "fresh" from their training and studying. These folks
did not have the most experience, but they were good troubleshooters and
well trained.

Just my .02
Cheers!