A rule of thumb in sales is to never let anything get in the way of the
"close". If you think that you may be asked to show the certificates, bring
them along but don't present them unless asked.

The ideal situation is to be interviewed by your future boss. You have the
opportunity to determine what are his/her real needs. You can then
illustrate how you might be part of the solution.

An interview should be a conversation. Both sides should ask and answer
questions.

A poor situation is to be interviewed by an HR person who has no technical
background. They might have a check list of desired skills with no
understanding what they mean. When you try to explain terms to them their
eyes glaze over within 30 seconds. In this case superficial things may make
the difference.

First impressions do count. Personal grooming and business casual or better
clothes are important in large companies.

Learn about the company. Go to their web site. Know what they do. How they
fit within their industry. What problems they may have.

If you are not comfortable in an interview process, find others with whom to
practice. Try the Job Placement office of the college. Write out and
memorize what you want to say.

Spell check everything that you write. 'emplyment passport' caught my eye.

It isn't the end of the world if you don't get the job. Look at the
interview as a learning opportunity.

The best of luck to you. You should also post your question on the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] list. Some great recruiters regularly contribute.

also see:
Archive of the Career Advisor newsletter:
http://www.nwfusion.com/newsletters/careers/index.html