Brad, is it possible that John is asking about terminating an ISDN PRI line
somehow so that the NT server *would* handle the incoming calls?  When he
says "NT 4.0 running RAS" that's what I think of first thing.  I agree with
you that the best way to handle it would be to use an Access Server which
authenticates to the NT Box (using Radius or TACACS or the like), however,
then the NT server (technically) would no longer need to run RAS services
nor would it be called a RAS box (in Microsoft terms).  It would just simply
be an NT box used for authentication purposes.....

John, another good box to check out is the Cisco3600 series.  With a
NM-1CT1-CSU, and a network module loaded with four of the 6-modem mica
modules, you can handle a T1's worth of dial-up no sweat.  We have two 3640s
in use for such right now (one with a single T1 PRI and one with two T1 PRIs
for different parts of our organization) and we couldn't be happier with
them.  Although for a single T1 PRI and 24 Mica modems, (I believe) you
coudl get away with using a 3620.

Mike W.