My question is about being able to use multiple Virtual-Templates for PPP
Multilink applications.  Picture this:  A router (3640) configured to handle
analog and ISDN dial-up via ISDN PRI and Mica modems that also has 2
point-to-point T1s attached to it's serial ports for WAN connectivity.
Currently, the 2 point-to-point T1s are configured for multilink, and I have
multilink setup to use Virtual-Template1.  The way I understand it by giving
the command "multilink virtual-template 1", any interface configured to use
multilink will attempt to use the virtual-template1 and join the
virtual-access1 multilink bundle (and perhaps upon attempting this, it
realizes the endpoints aren't the same and it creates another virtual-access
interface for the "new" bundle, but that's another issue =).  However, I
would like to enable ppp multilink on the ISDN lines so that people dialing
in with ISDN (BRI) can bond both channels.  Is there a way to specify for
the Dialer interface (or whateve) to use ppp multilink but to use, say,
Virtual-Template 2 (so that I could configure Virtual-Template2 specifically
for ISDN dial-up).

I've been digging around Cisco's site, and the main article I found on
configuring Virtual-Templates/Profiles says one limitation is:

"Although a system can have as many as 25 virtual template interfaces, one
template for each virtual access application is a more realistic limit. "

This seems to imply that I could setup a template the for WAN multilink
"application" and another for the ISDN "application".

Am I reading this wrong?  This question comes more out of curiousity than
anything else.  We have other routers setup with T1 multilinks to a few
sites, and they all use the same Virtual-Template, and that's not a big
deal....  But I was curious to know if it were possible to have multilink
somehow specify which Virtual-Template to use depending on the interface
type or application...

TIA,
Mike W.