You need to give the customer control of the reverse-lookups which associate
IPs with hostnames, rather than the other way around.  If you are trying to
do this on a non-classful boundary, see:
http://www.menandmice.com/ONLINE%20DOCS%20AND%20FAQ/Glossary/Classless.Deleg
ation.htm
If you choose not to delegate non-classful reverses, you will have to make
the entries in your own server - much wiser to delegate, I think.

This has worked very well for us.  I would also strongly recommend the
O'Reilly "DNS and BIND" book by Cricket Liu - if you are an ISP, you need to
know DNS cold.  Of course, if you are using MS for DNS, all bets are off!

Reverse DNS is an important tool for discovering the identity of a host -
often used to check interesting log entries.  Also, for certain
export-controlled software, sites will compare forward and reverse DNS
entries before allowing the download to proceed.

Regards,

Andrew

""Shawn Xu""  wrote in message
> We are ISP to assign different ip blocks to our customers. After
subnetting
> , one of our clients asks me to do "Reverse DNS Delegation" for his DNS.
He