For the one-day lab, you have to be FAASSSTT!!!  Your speed and knowledge is
a huge factor in the one-day flavor due to the limited amount of time you
have to get a good grasp of the network.   The best way to improve your
skills is by PRACTICING!  Practice either on a home rack or a remote rack.
LOTS of hands on time seems to be the biggest difference between passing the
lab and failing. The more comfortable you are in the environment, the better
you will do (I guess that's pretty much understood, but I just wanted to
re-emphasize).

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)