Hello group!

I've noticed something weird...maybe I'm missing something. Two routers are
connected via a serial connection, both are running OSPF.

As soon as I activate  ip pim sparse-dense-mode on both sides, all the OSPF
routes disappear from the routing-table. The neighbor-adjacancy is still up,
and the database
looks allright (haven't examined it closely though).

If I remove the ip pim sparse-dense-mode (on both sides) the OSPF routes
doesn't come back until I do a clear ip ospf proc.
If I only add the ip pim sparse-dense-mode on wg3r2 the OSPF routes
disappear on wg3r1.

In regards to IOS-versions, wg3r1 is running v12.1(9), wg3r2 is running
v12.2(5) (no T-releases here!)

Why should PIM kill OSPF ? Anybody got any clues? You can see some captures
of the configs below!

Thanx ahead!

/Peter

wg3r1#show ip ospf nei
Neighbor ID     Pri   State           Dead Time   Address         Interface
10.3.1.2         1   FULL/  -        00:00:39    10.3.2.29      Serial0

wg3r2#show ip ospf nei
Neighbor ID     Pri   State           Dead Time   Address         Interface
10.3.1.1         1   FULL/  -        00:00:33    10.3.2.30      Serial1

wg3r1#show ip route ospf

wg3r1#

hostname wg3r2
interface Serial1
 ip address 10.3.2.29 255.255.255.252
 ip pim sparse-dense-mode
router ospf 1
 area 3 virtual-link 10.3.1.1
 passive-interface default
 no passive-interface Serial1
 network 10.3.2.16 0.0.0.7 area 0
 network 10.3.2.28 0.0.0.3 area 3

hostname wg3r1
interface Serial0
 ip address 10.3.2.30 255.255.255.252
 ip pim sparse-dense-mode
router ospf 1
 area 3 virtual-link 10.3.1.2
 passive-interface default
 no passive-interface Serial0
 network 10.3.2.28 0.0.0.3 area 3
 network 10.3.2.128 0.0.0.127 area 6

*                                                    s w e d i a   *
* Peter Ahremark                                        networks   *
* Cisco Certified Network Professional                             *
* Cisco Certified Design Professional                              *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                UIN: 6624952 *
* Snail-mail: Jdrnvdgsgatan 14, S-252 25 HELSINGBORG, SWEDEN       *
* Phone: +46-42-269619, Fax: +46-42-244588, Mobile: +46-706-099937 *