At 03:17 AM 12/17/01, Chuck Larrieu wrote:
>do RFC's cover how frame switches behave?

Nope. Frame Relay is documented by the ITU-T and ANSI. The Frame Relay
Forum specifies enhancements that they hope will become standards.

I would imagine some RFCs explain issues related to running TCP/IP over
Frame Relay. One that comes to mind is RFC 2390 which defines Inverse ARP.
But a Frame Relay switch wouldn't care about that.

But you knew that. ;-)

Priscilla

Serial0/1

> [...]
> > interface Serial1
> >  no ip address
> >  encapsulation frame-relay
> >  no ip route-cache
> >  no ip mroute-cache
> >  logging event subif-link-status
> >  logging event dlci-status-change
> >  no fair-queue
> >  frame-relay traffic-shaping
> >  frame-relay interface-dlci 104 switched
> >   class s1
> >  frame-relay intf-type dce
> >  frame-relay policing
> >  frame-relay congestion-management
> > !
> > ip kerberos source-interface any
> > ip classless
> > no ip http server
> > !
> > !
> > map-class frame-relay s0
> >  frame-relay cir 4000000
> >  frame-relay mincir 2000000
> >  frame-relay holdq 10
> >  frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn
> > !
> > map-class frame-relay s1
> >  frame-relay cir 2000
> >  frame-relay mincir 1000
> >  frame-relay holdq 10
> >  frame-relay adaptive-shaping becn
> > connect s0 Serial0 401 Serial1 104
> >  !
> > !
> > !
> >
> > typical frame relay client
> >
> > Building configuration...
> >
> > Current configuration:
> > !
> > version 11.3
> > no service pad
> > service timestamps debug uptime
> > service timestamps log uptime
> > no service password-encryption
> > !
> > hostname Router_2
> > !
> > !
> > username Router_5 password 0 ipexpert
> > ip subnet-zero
> > no ip finger
> > no ip domain-lookup
> > isdn switch-type basic-ni
> > !
> > !
> > process-max-time 200
> > !
> > interface Loopback0
> >  ip address 200.0.0.2 255.255.255.0
> > !
> > interface Ethernet0
> >  description connected to Cisco1538
> >  ip address 10.1.1.211 255.255.255.0
> > !
> > interface Serial0
> >  ip address 20.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
> >  encapsulation frame-relay
> >  no ip route-cache
> >  no ip mroute-cache
> >  no fair-queue
> >  frame-relay traffic-shaping
> >  frame-relay class becn
> > !
> > interface Serial1
> >  ip address 20.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
> >  clockrate 1000000
> > !
> > ip classless
> > ip route 30.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 20.1.1.4

Priscilla Oppenheimer
http://www.priscilla.com