Hello,
   I have an equipment question - I would like to confirm my logic with
those of you who are more experienced with the whole CCIE path.  I am
thinking that the actual HW platform doesn't matter nearly as much as just
the technology (BGP, VoIP, TR ect).  So, as long as you can load the
appropriate code like 12.1X it doesn't matter really if you are using a
2500, 3600, or a 4000.  The exception to this is obviously the modules that
are supported and port density.  You need a 26XX or 36XX for the VoIP stuff,
and something larger than a 25XX (like an old 4000) for the port density (4+
serial ports).  Or am I mistaken - is there something I am missing?

What I was thinking of for my lab is:

Three 2501's plus some other 25XX's
Two 2610's with NM-2V & WIC-2T  cards
Three 4000's with various TR, Eth, and Serial cards

Some to be determined Switch equipment.

Curious for your opinion,
 -Jonathan