The prefix command is just a command that adds that number to the digits the
router will pass.  When you dial 9 right now, the router has no match for
that number and imediatley gives you that busy signal.  When you dial 8, it
shouldn't give you a busy signal until the interdigit timeout comes into
play, i believe 2 seconds.

I can't understand why you want the router to pause before you dial the rest
of the number.  What are you trying to do exactly?