Steven A. Ridder wrote:

>For furture reference, once you enable CBAC on an interface, it MONITORS
>traffic in both directions.

did not know it worked that way, I'll have to go back to the books again

>As for the SMTP thing, you remove ip inspect from the interface, and you can
>telnet into the server at port 25?  Do I have that right?  You SURE you
>removed it?  Cause if you can get in via 25 via telnet, you're in.  Only
>CBAC would block it if you tried to login into the server, or some other
>ESMTP command, and that's only if it was on.  You sure the server isn't bad?

I removed the ip inspect from the interface and restarted the router
with the new config. Even at that point, I could not telnet to port 25
on the server from outside the router. I can telnet to port 25 on the
server when I'm on the local network so the server doesn't have a
problem (other than the fact it's exchange, but that's another story)