There was fairly recently a long thread on this.  I think you know
what a static route is so lets assume you meant static default route.
Most routing protocols understand the 0.0.0.0 to be the psuedo default
route.  But IGRP does not, you must flag a network as the default
network using the default-network command.  I think what Caslow is
refering to is that if you flag 192.168.1.0 as your default network you
must have a route to that network in your routing table.

  Dave

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"