Can someone please explain to me what's the difference between a static
route & ip default-network? I have always been thinking that default-network
is similar to static routes - gateway of last resort.  That is, when the
router doesn't know how to forward the route, it will send it to "default
network" (as compared to a single destination specified by static route).

I read up the Ip default-network on Caslow (on p352 - about configuring
default routes for IGRP), it states that whatever network you reference with
"ip default-network" statement must be in the routing table of the router
that is sourcing the default-network or must be advertised by the
originating router as a classful prefix.

Which makes me even more confused....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hunt Lee
IP Solution Analyst