Hi all..

I have PXE clients in one vlan and 2 netware servers in another vlan out of
which one is DHCP server and another oneis proxy dhcp server .
As long as I keep clients in same Vlan it works fine but as soon as I take
them to different Vlan there is a problem.
I have used Ip helper-address.

1)When the PXE clients and dhcp server is in same vlan (2) they work fine
and no problems.

2)When I put PXE clients in another vlan (249) ..they are not able to boot.I
used debug commands and I could see the router forwarding the dhcp packets
and client also getting them,but we are using dhcp and proxy dhcp for our
PXE clients.

3)The dhcp and proxy dhcp server are on 2 different netware  servers

10.30.2.2 (Dhcp server)
10.30.2.9 (Prxoy dhcp server).

The vlan 2  is 10.30.2.0 with mask 255.255.255.0 and client vlan is 240
having dhcp scope as 10.30.249.0.
The layer 3 card in 4006 is doing the routing and has vlan interfaces for
both vlans.The ip helper address have been set as

int g4.3
encapsulation dot1q 249
ip address 10.30.249.1 255.255.255.0
ip helper-address 10.30.2.2
ip helper-address 10.30.2.9

.

4)When I used debug command on the router I could see packets coming back
from 10.30.2.2(dhcp) and 10.30.2.9(proxydhcp) but router forwards only
packets from 10.30.2.2(dhcp) and not 10.30.2.9(proxydhcp).

5)For PXE to work properly it  has to get response from both dhcp and dhcp
proxy ,since it doenst get response from dhcp proxy it stops booting.

Any clues..
regds
Tribavan Raina