Where I work we have two circuits to the Internet with two different
providers.  We configure GRE tunnels to each with the endpoints being two
routers at the main office with feeds from each of those two providers.  We
then run EIGRP across the GRE tunnels, which (1) gives us load balancing and
(2) provides failover typically between 8-14 seconds when one tunnel drops
due to any problems across that pathway.  Our users never know when a
circuit goes down or when we turn one down for maintenance.  Very simple to
do and simple to maintain.

--
James D. Wilson, CCDA, MCP
Sr. Network/Security Engineer