Howard,

You're comments made me start thinking about college.
At least the Russian text put the math there. When I obtained my
Aeronautical Engineering degree every mathematical proof for Advanced Fluid
dynamics seemed to follow the same pattern. Show an equation like F=ma and
then make a statements such as, " it can been seen that, it can be shown
that, it's intuitive that, it's obvious that, etc." followed by an eighth
order partial differential equation or the Navier-Stokes equations in polar
co-ordinate form. Now, I like a challenge as much as the next person, but
trying to work out the four pages of math to find out whether these
statements were true got a little tedious.

--
James Haynes
Network Architect

""Howard C. Berkowitz""  wrote in message
> >That's what I was thinking.  Maybe someone who didn't know anything about
> >routers bought the book & had an eye-opening/book-closing experience ;)
> >
> >I've had people over at my house who crack open some Cisco books &
security
> >books & get a pretty confused look on their face & ask "How the !$#@#!
did