Ole,

I don't know why so many telcos/service providers are loath to admit they
had a problem.  Probably has to do with guarantee-of-service contracts to
some extend, and just plain corporate culture to another extent.  Being
someone who grew up in the WAN/Carrier/transport world, I can say that it
isn't uncommon that a problem will clear as a result of simply putting up
and taking down a loop.  Sometimes carrier equipment (read: smartjacks) get
logically hung and just need a little encouragement.

Regards,

Scott