Hi All,
     I have just been able to solve the error which I was getting with
setting up the VPN using PPTP , the only error I was getting was for the
WINS and DNS settings which I have to add to the Cisco router . I was
previosly able to set up the tunnel , but not able to connect to the domain
controller , the two lines which I needed to add were these

async-bootp dns-server 192.168.1.3
async-bootp nbns-server 192.168.1.3

 I found the details of these commands in the book of   Cisco VPNs by Adam
Quiggle , its a great book of VPN to set up , esp for PPTP and L2TP .
   My full configs are given below for VPDN setup , in case anyone else
might be interested .

thanks

Navin Parwal

r4#
r4#
r4#sh run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1736 bytes
!
version 12.2
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname r4
!
enable password YYY
!
username technosys\administrator password 0 pass
username technosys\cisco password 0 cisco
username administrator password 0 pass
username cisco password 0 cisco
ip subnet-zero
!
!
no ip domain-lookup
!
ip audit notify log
ip audit po max-events 100
ip ssh time-out 120
ip ssh authentication-retries 3
async-bootp dns-server 192.168.1.3
async-bootp nbns-server 192.168.1.3
vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group 1
! Default PPTP VPDN group
 accept-dialin
  protocol pptp
  virtual-template 1
!
!
isdn switch-type basic-net3
call rsvp-sync
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside
 speed auto
 full-duplex
!
interface Serial0/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation ppp
!
interface BRI0/0
 ip address negotiated
 ip nat outside
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer string 226476
 dialer-group 1
 isdn switch-type basic-net3
 no cdp enable
 ppp chap refuse
 ppp pap sent-username jbc password 7 025756085F53
!
interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered BRI0/0
 no keepalive
 peer default ip address pool testpool
 ppp encrypt mppe 40
 ppp authentication ms-chap pap chap
!
ip local pool testpool 192.168.2.1 192.168.2.254
ip nat inside source route-map nat interface BRI0/0 overload
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 BRI0/0
no ip http server
ip pim bidir-enable
!
access-list 101 deny   ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 192.168.2.0 0.0.0.255
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
route-map nat permit 10
 match ip address 101
!
!
dial-peer cor custom
!
!
!
!
!
line con 0
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 password XXX
 login
!
end

r4#
r4#
r4
Hi,

Check lists...........
1. Did you Logon to the Domain?
2. Make sure that Client for MS Network and File and Print sharing related
services
    are on.
3. Try allow Ports 137, 138 and 139

Good Luck