I am also quite surprised at the reality and
perception regarding this exam. Based on book sales,
there is a lot of interest in design (not as much as
CCNA unfortunately), but the corporate environment
stressed the CCIE and only looked to the CCNP. I think
this was due to two factors. First, testers didn't
push the DP track (whether it was the DA or the DP - I
would contend both) and business don't seem to stress
the design component outside of the carrier space and
more tech-driven Fortune 500. The second is the
perception that the exam is hard, which is the focus
of this board.

I would argue, failures aside, that the test is hard
because it is badly written and it focuses on a
different model then the other exams/tracks. As such,
preparation should do it, or at least get an applicant
close. The poor quality of the exam (both versions) is
a bit of a tweak for me, as it made writing a book on
the exam more difficult - one had to focus on the test
passing and the 'correct, non-Cisco answer'
concurrently. The reality is that Cisco should again
revise this exam and review the design tracks, in my
opinion, although with the CCIE now a one day exam and
other factors I doubt this will happen.

--- "Steven A. Ridder"
wrote:
> It was the only test I ever failed.  If you ask me,
> there's not much market
> demand for CCDP's (which makes the test a low
> priority), and for the amount
> you have to study to pass the test, it's not worth
> it.  It's good to learn
> though, because it covers a lot of broad topics,
> from SNA to ATM LANE,
> AppleTalk, etc.
>
> Have fun at it.  Study the BPX and IGX.
>

> ""Juan Blanco""  wrote in message
> > TEAM,
> >
> > Why the popularity of the CID test is very
> low.......Tips on this test..I
> > will take it next Saturday....
> >
> > Thanks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]