Actually I have done serveral IMA configs utilizing regular ole T1
circuits and you only need a single subnet if you configure an IMA
interface and assign the interfaces to it via the ima group.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/121/paima.html

  Dave

GS wrote:

> You should ask you carrier what type of cards they are terminating the T1
> lines to. Most carriers support IMA and all u need is properly configure
> your IMA group. If however you carrier have delivered three T1 in the form
> of three separate local loops and they are terminating your access to T1
> cards then you have to:
> load balance/Share on ur 7200 using L3 ( such as equal cost load balancing
> through static routes or whatever).
> The problem of this setup is that it each local loop is required to have it
> own subnet.
> You will have to configure your ATM-IMA adaptor in what we call
pass-through
> mode (which necessarily implies that each port functions as an individual
T1

--
David Madland
Sr. Network Engineer

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"