Maybe I'm not following you but we don't support IMA, though we a
starting to, and the following congfig I did Monday.  Three p=p T1's
tied to an IMA0 interface:

Current configuration : 1676 bytes
!
version 12.1
no service single-slot-reload-enable
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
no service password-encryption
!
hostname IMA_Router
!
logging rate-limit console 10 except errors
enable password noneofyourbusiness
!
ip subnet-zero
!
!
no ip finger
!
call rsvp-sync
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 10.128.0.31 255.255.255.0
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface ATM1/0
 no ip address
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 ima-group 0
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/1
 no ip address
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 ima-group 0
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/2
 no ip address
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 ima-group 0
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/3
 no ip address
 shutdown
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/4
 no ip address
 shutdown
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/5
 no ip address
 shutdown
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/6
 no ip address
 shutdown
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/7
 no ip address
 shutdown
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 no scrambling-payload
!
interface ATM1/IMA0
 ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252
 atm vc-per-vp 256
 no atm oversubscribe
 no atm ilmi-keepalive
 pvc 0 1/32
 !
 ima clock-mode independent
!
ip classless
no ip http server
!
!
dial-peer cor custom
!

end

MILA_Tukwila#

GS ELSIDDIG wrote:

> Thanks Dave.
> There is no problem is assigning a single link to the min active IMA links.
> This will indeed allow you to utilize one link per IMA group. But that is
> not the problem.
> If the carrier doesn't support IMA (i.e. terminating the circuit to a T1
> card and not a cell relay card with IMA support), all you will see is:
> status is up while the line protocol is down.
> That's why you will need to use pass through mode.
>
> Thanks

T1