What are the free sniffers that you suggest to use ?

Regards,

Mario Rodrigues

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven A. Ridder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 4:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sniffers [7:31296]

I have experience with all sorts of ones, from Distributed Sniffer Pro 4.5
down to the free ones like ethereal and eEye's one.  I like ethereal the
best because it's so lightwweight (Sniffer is so taxing on PC's) and can
read any prodect's cap files.  It does everything you need.  The only
problem I have is that it dosen't recognize some packets like the LOOP
packet on Cisco's ethernet ports.

Sniffers DSS can be useful to grab stuff off of remote networks and they
sell sniffer PC's with gig fiber cards in them to sniff backbone traffic if
needed.  Sniffer also has an expert mode that can be helpful with problems.

--
RFC 1149 Compliant.