Ethereal on Win32 is a great after-the-fact debugging/analysis tool
Probably the best.  My favorite part is not only does it open pcap
files, but also GZIPPED pcap files.  It supports a TON of protocols.
http://www.ethereal.com/

However, as for actual packet capture and backend statistics and
organization, I think tcpdump (and associated tools) on *BSD with
full BPF is light years ahead of anything else.  It's the only code out
there given significant attention by the internet community for years.
Yes, sorry, it's not a GUI by itself, but if you know what you are
doing, you can extend tcpdump to all your packet capture needs
with the help of maybe a few other tools out there.  One only needs
to do a search for tcpdump or pcap on sourceforge or freshmeat or
google or some other search engine.  tcpdump uses the Berkeley
Packet Filter (BPF) and libpcap.  http://www.tcpdump.org/

I have noticed one company that has a most interesting offering,
Niksun, http://www.niksun.com/, has a product called NetVCR
which seems more capable than just "a web-based SnifferPro-like tool"
The collection and distributed features of the product seem very
useful, it's more of a monitoring/statistics tool that scales to almost
any traffic/bandwidth equation.  This stuff may cost a lot, but it's
definitely light years ahead of Distributed SnifferPro or any other
commercial packet capture tool.

Speaking of scaling to almost any amount of traffic, our next-generation
sniffers are probably going to have to be driven by hardware.  One
currently possibility for this is Foundry's JetCore ASIC in their switch
products.  Foundry is building XRMON and sFlow (http://www.inmon.com/)
software into this chip.  This means you can do packet capture at
multiple Gbps and get the details of every frame across the wire.  Now
you just have to write it to disk...

-dre