Hartnell, George wrote:

> I did not note a speed associated with that full-duplex
> Ethernet spec.
> Wouldn't GigE Cu require all eight?  And, might a new cable
> plant effort be
> well-served to require all eight conductors per RJ?
>
> Best, G.
> VP OGC

I'm so far removed from Gig at this point I didn't realize that it used all
8 wires.  So I dug around and found this page talking about Gig ethernet and
it had some comments I don't quite get and I want all of your input on
this.  The article, located here (watch for wrap):

http://www.networkuptime.com/columns/copper_gig/

says:  "1000BASE-T sends and receives signals simultaneously on the same
pair of wires by combining a 5 level coding scheme, thus 4 pairs of wire
allow 1000BASE-T to send a single byte (one bit per wire) in parallel at
each signal pulse 125 times per second."

How is it sending 1 bit per wire?  How's this?  Someone tell me if this is
correct or if this phrase is just misleading or what.

Thanks!
Mike W.