Actually, both are "fabric-enabled."

In the main 65xx box you have the 32Gb/s backplane (BUS) and now you can
also take advantage of the "Switch Fabric" to bump your capacity up to
256Gb/s.  Regarding the different 16-port GBIC cards you have three options:

6416 - BUS-only (32Gb/s) - SUP handles all packet forwarding
6516 - BUS and fabric (single fabric attachment) (up to 256Gb/s*) - SUP
handles forwarding by default but an optional daughter card can be added to
upgrade to dCEF.
6816 - fabric only (dual fabric attachments) (256Gb/s) - dCEF only;
integrated daughter card.

Here's a link that talks more about the different options:

http://cco.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca6000/prodlit/c60ge_ds.htm

Obviously, to take advantage of the switch fabric you need SFMs (Switch
Fabric Modules) in the chassis (two to be redundant).

* I seem to recall when these products were introduced to me by our local
Cisco team someone said that the 6500-series cards (for the 6500-series
chassis, it's a bit confusing - you'd think they could use another number) -
e.g. 6516 listed above - were only capable of doing 128Gb/s because they
were only attached to a single switch fabric and that to do the full 256Gb/s
you'd need the fabric-only cards (the 6800-series modules).  Just looking
really quick, I don't see any docs on CCO that substantiate my memory so if
it matters to you, you might want to ask Cisco - perhaps my memory is
incorrect or I was given bum scoop from our Cisco reps.

Have fun.

Ben