Sorry to bring this up again but apparently, for at least some of us, it
needs to be.  I chimed in the other day and offered a way to get EIGRP to
distribute a default route.  That basically amounted to simply defining a
static to 0.0.0.0 and redistributing static into EIGRP (whoever corrected me
by pointing out that the 'network 0.0.0.0' command isn't necessary, I thank
you (it was in BSCN)).

Wayne jumped in and explained some problems with EIGRP and the 'ip
default-network' command.  I thought it all sounded quite reasonable.  So I
tried this in the lab for several hours today (no "get a life" remarks
please).  I must be really dense, because nothing I try works quite the way
(that I thought) it was described.  It seems that the only way to
sucessfully use the default-network is to configure it on every single
router in the AS (I tried this with RIP just as a sanity check and it worked
just fine).

If that is the case, can a good argument be made in favor of this approach
over redistributing static?  Or summarizing to 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 on an
interface?  Both of those, at least, propogate throughout the AS after
configuration on just one router.

Thanks in advance,

Scott