Chuck,

If it helps, I have read about that command at one point.  It
seems to me that it has something to do with NBAR or CBAC.  ;-
)  At least it has something to do with some technology that is
a four letter acronym.  heh heh...

John

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Chuck Larrieu ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> OK, so I've been doing rack testing for some people who are
going to be
> going public Real Soon Now.
>
> Got some things mocked up. Some of which relate to topics
discussed on
> this
> forum yesterday and today. I need to check something and
issue the
> command
> "show ip prot" enter.
>
> r2#sh ip prot
> % Ambiguous command:  "sh ip prot"
> r2#
>
> well, now...
>
> r2#show ip prot?
> protocol-discovery  protocols
>
> r2#show ip prot
>
> so what is "show ip protocol-discovery?
>
> r2#sh ip protocol-discovery ?
>   interface  Show for a specific interface
>   protocol   Show stats about a pariticula protocol
>   stats      Show Stats
>   top-n      Show Top-N protocols by bytes
>   |          Output modifiers
>

> OK. so a command I've been using since 11.2 is no longer
valid. except
> that
> it is on other routers.
>
> but look - still good on other routers:
>
> r3#sh ip prot?
> protocols
>
> r3#sh ip prot
>

> OK, check CCO, no record of any such command as show ip
> protocol-discovery
> in any command reference I check. A search of CCO for the
phrase reveals
> nothing.
>
> now what?
>
> the IOS version in question is:
>
> r2#sh ver
> Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
> IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3620-JS56I-M), Version 12.1(5)T10,
RELEASE
> SOFTWARE (f
> c2)
>
> sigh. have not run into this before, not in two trips through
the lab,
> not
> on any number of routers and IOS versions, both at home and
in customer
> installations.
>
> Anyone got any clue what show IP protocol-discovery does?
>
> sheesh.. another good shortcut down the tubes.
>
> Chuck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]