Here are the commands that you need to use: (I use it on a everyday basis
and it has always worked!)

#ip cef

#int s0
#no ip route-cache
#no ip mroute-cache
#ip load-sharing per-packet

#int s1
same commands

Clear the counters and the intf. and do a huge ping to an ip beyond the
serial network.
You will see it balancing almost equally(load and output/input rate)

Hope this helps!!