sorry for rewritting but
the last mail didn't work

see the link: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/43.html#fifth

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Dion, Thierry
Envoyi : jeudi 17 janvier 2002 13:42
@ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : RE: Runts and Giants [7:32281]

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Pieter Jordaan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyi : jeudi 17 janvier 2002 12:03
@ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Runts and Giants [7:32281]

Hi

I have a cisco 2924 switch connected to a 6509, the port is configured as a
trunk. when I use ISL encaptulation between the switches I get a lot of
giant frames, and when I use dot1q I get a lot of runts.

If I replace the switch with a 2950 (which only supports dot1q) I dont get
any runts or giants and all works well. I am experiencing this behaviour on
30 + 2900XL switches but not on any of my 2950's

Any Idea what could be happening here?

Thanks